[PD] Problem with Snow Leopard and Flext

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Wed Jan 20 00:47:23 CET 2010

Hey all,
i've got some news on that issue.
For me, flext-based externals crash when flext is built with gcc 4.2.1 and the -Os option (optimize for space). This setting is defined in buildsys/config-pd-mac.txt. It doesn't crash with any other optimization flag (e.g. -O2 or -O3). That seems to be a compiler bug, but i'm thankful for any observations on that issue.
I consequently changed the default optimization scheme for OSX to -O2 in the current svn.
gr~~~