[PD] messages from cron to Pd

Florian Hollerweger flo at mur.at
Wed Jan 20 22:46:40 CET 2010

Hi list,

I am trying to send messages to Pd from cron.

However, the following entry in my crontab...

	* * * * * echo "foo bla;" | pdsend 3007 localhost

... does not seem to make it to the following Pd patch:

	[netreceive 3007]

	[print]

whereas running the same command manually creates printout in Pd as
expected.

I also tried to encapsulate the above line into a shell script, without
success. The same crontab executes other (non-Pd-related) jobs without
trouble.

Anyone got a clue what daemons I am fighting here?

best,
flo.H