[PD] RJDJ, comport, Pd on iPhone, serial communication

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Thu Jan 21 05:47:18 CET 2010

rjdj is Pd, but it is like any office iPhone app, so you can
dynamically load things, like externals.  So rjdj only has its built-
in set of objects, which does not include [comport].  You'll
definitely have to jailbreak the iPhone to access the serial port,
AFAIK.

You can build Pd for iPhone using the pd-mobile-0.43 branch, but the
audio I/O code needs to be integrated, so its not included in the
branch.  Its just a matter of finding the time.

http://puredata.info/docs/developer/BuildingPdForiPhone

You can use PDa on old iPods and use the serial port, thanks to Tymm
Twillman.  He even made an Arduino that has a iphone/ipod connector on
it, instead of USB, so it literally plugs directly into the iPod/
iPhone.  (I cc'ed him, I don't know if he's on the Pd list).

.hc