[PD] openpanel crash

Jaime Oliver jaime.oliver2 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 22:20:37 CET 2010

indeed you patch crashes in osx10.6.2, but the following patch
doesn't, so perhaps its not openpanel, but something else. haven't
really scrutinized your patch, just tested it...

#N canvas 0 22 814 381 10;
#N canvas 0 22 450 300 (subpatch) 0;
#X array table23 44103 float 0;
#X coords 0 1.02 44100 -1.02 200 130 1;
#X restore 176 152 graph;
#X obj 41 202 soundfiler;
#X obj 50 145 openpanel;
#X obj 52 112 bng 15 250 50 0 empty empty empty 17 7 0 10 -262144 -1
-1;
#X msg 50 168 read \$1 table23;
#X connect 2 0 4 0;
#X connect 3 0 2 0;
#X connect 4 0 1 0;

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 6:43 AM, Alexandre Porres <porres at gmail.com> wrote:
>> you are using freebsd
>
> Gee, how come, what is that? I am using the MAC OS 10.6.2 Snow Leopard
> actually.
> thanks
> alex
> On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 7:01 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at>
> wrote:
>>
>> Alexandre Porres wrote:
>> > Hi there, I am having the hardest of times getting the [openpanel] to
>> > work
>> > here.
>> >
>> > It is not the first time I see it unstable, sometimes it crashed here or
>> > there in one or another patch, but usually working most of the time.
>> >
>> > Now it just about never works. Not in Pd-Extended, and not in Pd-Vanila.
>>
>> iirc, you are using freebsd. probably you should upgrade.
>>
>> fgmadsr
>> IOhannes

Jaime E Oliver LR

joliverl at ucsd.edu