[PD] Help installing pd-extended

David dfkettle at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 01:27:30 CET 2010

Hi!

I'm trying to install pd-extended 0.41.4 on an Asus Eee PC running
Xandros Linux (derived, I believe, from Debian etch). I used to have
an earlier version of pd (0.39.2-4) installed, but would like to
install pd-extended.

I downloaded the package 'Pd-0.41.4-extended-debian-etch-i386.deb' and
tried to install it, but I'm getting the following error message:

"The following packages have unmet dependencies:
pd-extended: depends on liblame0 (>= 3.97)"

I searched the archive and found several messages about this missing
package and another one that's supposed to replace it, but I still not
sure what to do. I downloaded 'liblame0_3.97-0.0_i386.deb' and tried
to install it, but I just got this message:

"Cannot install package liblame0_3.97-0.0_i386.deb. Please, check your
installation and try again."

What do I do now? I can go back to the older version of pd, but I'd rather not.

Thanks.