[PD] Help installing pd-extended

András Murányi muranyia at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 02:02:31 CET 2010

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 1:27 AM, David <dfkettle at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to install pd-extended 0.41.4 on an Asus Eee PC running
> Xandros Linux (derived, I believe, from Debian etch). I used to have
> an earlier version of pd (0.39.2-4) installed, but would like to
> install pd-extended.
>
> I downloaded the package 'Pd-0.41.4-extended-debian-etch-i386.deb' and
> tried to install it, but I'm getting the following error message:
>
> "The following packages have unmet dependencies:
> pd-extended: depends on liblame0 (>= 3.97)"
>
> I searched the archive and found several messages about this missing
> package and another one that's supposed to replace it, but I still not
> sure what to do. I downloaded 'liblame0_3.97-0.0_i386.deb' and tried
> to install it, but I just got this message:
>
> "Cannot install package liblame0_3.97-0.0_i386.deb. Please, check your
> installation and try again."
>
> What do I do now? I can go back to the older version of pd, but I'd rather
> not.

Hi David,

I have an ASUS EeePc (1000HD) myself and i think on the longer term the best
you can do is that you switch over Xandros linux to more popular, thus more
developed one. There are two Ubuntu variants out there tuned for the eee,
Eeebuntu is my favorite (but i read it will be discontinued as an EeeePc
OS), and Easypeasy, then there is the official Ubuntu Notebook remix and
people have good results with plain Ubuntu as well (optionally with
Array.org kernel).

Andras