[PD] how to use a korg nano kontrol with pd

Andrew Faraday jbturgid at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 24 13:09:38 CET 2010

husk's solution seems a little circuitous. Requiring a whole extra data protocol. I'd make a copy of the abstraction, and add a group of send boxes to them (if there aren't some already). Then simply find the parameters you want to change in the patch you're working on, and place a receive object (with the corresponding name to the send on the knob, slider or button you want to assign) above that and use some arithmetic to get to the range you want.
Remember, nanokontrol sends midi control signals, which work from 0 - 127. Personally I tend to start with [/ 127] (giving you a range of 0 - 1) and then multiply by the range you want. You could then [+ ] the minimum number of the resultant range.