[PD] Quantize [ctlout]'puts?

Gintaras Lau. gintarman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 06:03:49 CET 2010

Hello,
Is it possible or necessary to quantize simultaneously outgoing MIDI
signals of 'n' [ctlout X X] objects.
Question aroused from the simple sort of problems:
My patch is a medium between audio (-rt) and "windows" (OS) VJ software.
Generated movements of sliders are smooth and constantly respond to
sound, that means always traffic through MIDI output.
Eight simultaneous signals causes a VJ software to slow down.
I added abstraction that in a speed of 3ms sends data of only one
[ctlout], what solved a problem for a while.
Rising a quantity of [ctlout]'s anyway causes me to see steps in a
movements of sliders on "pd" patch and VJ software.
Is there a solution I'm not yet familiar with, to use midi protocol,
or it might be the problem of "windows", VJ software or MIDI protocol?

pd-vanilla. Ubuntu 9.10

Thank you
Gintaras