[PD] [GEM] create a jpg of arbitrary dimensions?

cyrille henry ch at chnry.net
Tue Jan 26 10:58:45 CET 2010

IOhannes m zmoelnig a écrit :
> Jaime Oliver wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> how would any of you go about creating a white .jpg file of arbitrary
>> dimensions?
>
> depends on the context.
> if i wanted to create a single file of a certain dimension i would use
> the gimp.
> for more repetitive tasks i would use ImageMagick.
>
>> pix_write will only write the size specified on the inlets. So for
>> example if I need to make a 2048 x 5000 size, then pix_write is not
>> the way...
>> Is there a way inside gem?

pix_write will only write the size specified on the inlets. So for example if you need to make a 2048x5000 size, then you have to send [2048 5000< message to the size inlet!
of course you have to draw an image of this size in order to snap it.
this can be done either with :
-a very big screen
-a virtual screen : you can define a virtual screen bigger than screen size, so you can draw a big gem windows and snap it.
-using framebuffer and snap it's content...

Cyrille