[PD] text2d / text3d

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Jan 26 15:57:03 CET 2010

James Dunn wrote:
> Quoth IOhannes m zmoelnig, on 26/01/10 13:15:
>> "fsaa" will (should) only work with nvidia drivers on linux.
>> for ati cards, see the documentation for the drivers how to enable fsaa.
>> for nvidia cards, you should be able to set the fsaa via nvidia-settings.
>>
>> fgmasrd
>> IOhannes
>>

> Thanks. I have an ati card and I ran:
>
> ati-config --fsaa=on
>
> then
>
> ati-config --fs=6, 4, 2, and 0 (one at a time with the values
> recommended by ati-config)
>
> and finally
>
> ati-config --fsg=on (for fullscreen gamma).

i hardly ever use ati, but afaik ati-config will change your xorg.conf,
so i think you have to restart your xserver (sorry if this is obvious)
after running it.

here's an old thread about this:
http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33851796

> I also went through every FSAA value sent to gemwin between each
> setting. None of these had any effect on the way text3d displays the
> text. Is there something else I could do?

you don't need to play with the FSAA in Gem here. this is known to only
work with nvidia on linux.

the idea is to enforce FSAA from outside using the driver specific tools.

mfgasdr
IOhannes