[PD] text2d / text3d

James Dunn james at 4thharmonic.com
Tue Jan 26 16:47:20 CET 2010

Quoth IOhannes m zmoelnig, on 26/01/10 14:57:
> i hardly ever use ati, but afaik ati-config will change your xorg.conf,
> so i think you have to restart your xserver (sorry if this is obvious)
> after running it.
>
> here's an old thread about this:
> http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33851796
>

>> I also went through every FSAA value sent to gemwin between each
>> setting. None of these had any effect on the way text3d displays the
>> text. Is there something else I could do?
>>

> you don't need to play with the FSAA in Gem here. this is known to only
> work with nvidia on linux.
>
> the idea is to enforce FSAA from outside using the driver specific tools.
>
> mfgasdr
> IOhannes

Yes I was logging out to restart the X server in between changing
settings. I also checked /var/log/Xorg.0.log and saw some warnings about
FSAA could not be enabled so I installed Catalyst 9.3 from ATI and it
has a control centre where I can set all the FSAA settings which work
perfectly!! Text3d looks cool! Thanks for your help