[PD] Chi square calculator

Cosmin S horiacosmin at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 27 16:41:46 CET 2010

Hello,

I would like to use a Random Nimber Gemerator (Orion RNG) on puredata, in a mathematical staistic process way.
The RNG outputs from [comport][dev/ttyUSB0< a stream of numbers from 0 to 255.
Assuming I can [route] the output stream of numbers to count pairs and unpairs numbers, I would like to use some pd mathematical objects in order to reproduce a kind of Chi square calculator.

On this page, one find a a simple cumulative deviation of the RNG data based on a python script:
http://www.mdammer.net/joomla10/content/view/16/31/

The scrips runs well on python, but it takes a lot of CPU.
So I wonder if that this kind of process would be more light on puredata,constituting  a good base for data graphs, networking and audiovisual process.

How to reproduce that on puredata?

Best,

Cosmin