[PD] object that receives "print to console" messages

Ingo Scherzinger ingo at miamiwave.com
Wed Jan 27 16:42:10 CET 2010

Hi,

does anybody know if I can receive the stdout that prints to the pd console?

I am trying to get the ID number of an hid gamecontroller / joystick
automatically at startup. I tried sending "dmesg | grep Joystick" to the
shell object which gives me the "hidraw" ID but not the one that Pd uses.

[print( - [hid] gives me the correct IDs but I don't know how to get these
into pd.

Alternatively I could use the "hidraw" ID if I would know how to open the
[hid] device with that ID.

Any help appreciated!

Ingo