[PD] [PD-announce] first alpha hidio 0.1 release

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Jan 28 16:11:05 CET 2010

Hallo,
Pagano, Patrick hat gesagt: // Pagano, Patrick wrote:

> As usualu thanks for ALL your hard work and pain
> is there a help file for it?

There is one hidden in SVN:
http://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pure-data/trunk/externals/io/hidio/
but I think, it's not completely updated yet (e.g. there is a "print" message in the
help, which isn't supported by hidio, only by hid.)

Hans, it's great that work on this has started again. It comes at the right
time for me, as I'm slowly replacing J. Sarlo's old and trusted [joystick]
external with a more general hid approach in my patches.

I already have one feature wish, or maybe it's there and I just didn't find it:

It would be extremely helpful to get information about the available devices as
Pd messages.  Currently I have to print the info to the console to detect the
device I'd like to use, then I manually open the device by number, which
requires manual interaction. I can do it, but as for installations where people
not familiar with Pd start the device, I'd like a more automatic way. :)

Ciao
--
Frank