[PD] tabosc4~ and table byte reallocation

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Jan 28 16:14:28 CET 2010

Hallo,
mami music hat gesagt: // mami music wrote:

> Have seen that approach all the way through PD examples.
>
> But still, i am trying to find more windowing option besides a raised [cos~]
> window. Iguess there are specific windows fos specific cases... maby some
> reading references about it.

Raised cos~ actually is a pretty good window for this application (it keeps
loudness constant just as in a cosine-based panning algorithm), but you could
do your own experiments by using any window function written into a table, then
read it with [tabread4~]. I think, Miller's book has some analysis of window types, but
I may be mistaken ...

Ciao
--
Frank