[PD] 0.43.0-devel-20100126 small report

João Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 28 18:27:21 CET 2010

Hi,

I'm not Pding to much these days, so I can only leave some small details
here:

- no more crash when I load my startup patch, great
- gop works now. maybe one small detail, but not so important: when you go
to a gop subpatch and ask for help, instead of opening the subpatch when
no helpfile is found (I think that was the old behaviour), comes in
canvas-help.pd. Not a big deal, but am not sure if it was always so.
- donecanvasdialog doesn't make patches dirty now (I had requested that
for a while), great. In case this wasn't intended, leave it so.
- someone reported a crash bug with dsp shortcuts. that doesn't happen
here.
- if a patch is saved with "tight space", that is, there's few space free
around the margins, the patch opens with extra unactive sliders. These
disappear by stretching the window a notch in the desired direction(s), x
or y. I guess these sliders appear if an object is virtually on top of
them. Also, you can see the window flickering with the slider redrawing
when the patch is loaded (only then).
- I still don't see the startup folder you guys like to talk about.
- the font size in the path and startup menus is still too small.
- menu alt-shortcuts don't work (or they never didn't?). like alt-f for
file, alt-e for edit, ...
- in the browser, does the first column display all folders+files in path?
I find that a bit confusing, there's is so much content there that I don't
know if it gets used for something. if you add better navigation control,
if might work better:
     - it might be helpful to add key control to navigate this window: [x]
key goes to the objects starting with [x], [xya] the same (like a normal
window manager). also home, end, and arrow keys to go between columns
(folders). also return to open a file/folder.

I can't spend more time with pd for now, but if there's something specific
to test I can go for it.

João

--
Friedenstr. 58