[PD] acquiring information about wav files

Jack jack at rybn.org
Fri Jan 29 00:35:07 CET 2010

I use with the [shell] (to get tags under Ubuntu) :
totem-video-indexer audio_file_path

For example :
$ totem-video-indexer '/home/jack/Musique/[1999] SYR4 - Goodbye 20th
century disc 1/Disc 1/1-01 - edges.mp3'
TOTEM_INFO_TITLE=Edges
TOTEM_INFO_ARTIST=Sonic Youth
TOTEM_INFO_YEAR=1999
TOTEM_INFO_ALBUM=SYR4: Goodbye Twentieth Century [Disc 1]
TOTEM_INFO_DURATION=963
TOTEM_INFO_TRACK_NUMBER=1
TOTEM_INFO_HAS_VIDEO=False
TOTEM_INFO_HAS_AUDIO=True
TOTEM_INFO_AUDIO_BITRATE=192
TOTEM_INFO_AUDIO_CODEC=MPEG 1 Audio, Layer 3 (MP3)
TOTEM_INFO_AUDIO_SAMPLE_RATE=44100
TOTEM_INFO_AUDIO_CHANNELS=Stéréo

With a grep and [symbol] + [s2l =] + [unpack s s], you should get what
you are looking for (i am not sure that it works with all files).
++

Jack