[PD] soundfiler resize failed

William Brent william.brent at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 03:05:59 CET 2010

With larger sound files, I've seen soundfiler fail to resize arrays,
even with an appropriate -maxsize value. For instance, with a .wav
file that's 45205253 samples long (about 17 minutes), this message
produces a "resize failed" error:

[read -resize -maxsize 4.52053e+07 test.wav sf-test(

But if I resize the table to 45205253 points directly beforehand, a
regular read message to soundfiler loads the complete file properly.
I've searched the list to see if this has been brought up before, but
didn't find anything...  Am I missing something?

--
William Brent
www.williambrent.com

“Great minds flock together”
Conflations: conversational idiom for the 21st century

www.conflations.com