[PD] Pd-GUI-Rewrite 0.43 status: usable

William Brent william.brent at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 06:09:07 CET 2010

The rewrite is looking fantastic.  I've just started to use it and
noticed that bonk~'s [minvel( setting doesn't seem to work.  Compare
the helpfile behavior in 0.43 vs 0.42-5 or previous Pd-ext builds. If
you allow the cooked output to print, then change minvel to something
enormous (say, 10000), it shouldn't report any attacks. In 42-5 it
doesn't, but in 43 it goes on as if minvel were still the default
value of 7. Yet, if you send bonk~ a [print( message to show it's
internal settings, you can see that minvel has changed. Also, [thresh(
seems to behave normally.

This is on Intel Mac OS 10.5.8 with Pd 0.43.0devel-20100120.  How
about other platforms?