[PD] Quick processor question

Pierre Massat pimassat at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 23:23:05 CET 2010

Hi,
I m not sure if i actually got your question, but if you're trying to "turn
off" the oscillator you should use the [switch~] object. It turns audio
computation off locally. This means that if you put it in your patch it will
turn audio computation on and off for the entire patch, but if you put it in
a subpatch (with, say, only your osc~ inside) it will only have an effect at
the subpatch level. this is a very useful object when it comes to limiting
your CPU load.

Pierre