[PD] latency solutions... and then some

Jeffrey Concepcion jeffreyconcepcion at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 03:22:37 CET 2010

Thanks for the suggestions, i'll deffinately be looking into your
suggestions (i'm not familiar with some of the terms ). For now i must deal
with what i have at home, which is an acer netbook w/ windows Xp @ 1.6 GHz,
1GB RAM btw! No external soundcard as of yet. i should get (in theory) a
similar result to Pierre's so i'll be trying that approach for now. i also
have access to new macpros at my university and a motu 8 channel interface
so i'm hoping for much better results there.

As far as upgrading goes, i'm considering building a pc dedicated to my
audio needs, probably running a linux distro, any recommendations would be
much appreciated. Perhaps i should include the dedicated DSP board that
Derek mentioned. Can those be used to process pd patches?

www.avmachinists.org Puerto Rico based Art Collective/ Non-Profit Org