[PD] timed messages for signal inlets (was: float to a signal inlet)

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Fri Feb 5 19:36:20 CET 2010

On Wed, 2010-02-03 at 10:10 +0100, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> PS: as we all now, the above patch (and it's modern equivalent [osc~]
> will produce ugly clicks when used like this; isn't it time to request a
> built-in [line~]?

After this assumingly not so serious request consideration, I'll have
one, that is certainly meant to be serious:

Isn't it time to request scheduled message-to-signal conversion for the
inlets of many tilde-objectclasses? This would allow - for instance:
 * changing frequency for [osc~] and [phasor~] _between_ block
boundaries
 * setting the phase between block  boundaries
 * doing whatever you want _within_ block boundaries using messages for
objects like [*~ ], [-~] .....

Roman