[PD] [env~ ] vs [vsnapshot~ ]: which one is more cpu consuming?

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Sat Feb 6 14:45:31 CET 2010

Hi

They seem to reach the list. At least I received this and your previous
mail.

I can't tell reliably which of those is consuming more cpu in which
situation.  From what I understood, 'doing something' with a signal
vector of a certain size (64 samples, for instance) is cheaper than
'doing the same thing' with the same number of floats (64, for the same
instance).

However, you can measure it yourself in order to get some empirical
basis for my above assumption. Implement each as an abstraction,
instantiate that abstraction a number of times and check your cpu load.

What I still don't understand: Why do you want to compare those?
[vsnapshot~] and [env~] do completely different things.

Roman