[PD] pd vanilla "vs." pd extended

meino.cramer at gmx.de meino.cramer at gmx.de
Tue Feb 9 19:17:31 CET 2010

Hi,

(I am using puredata on Linux only)

I am always trying to compile the applications and system tools for my
Linux system myself. This way I am only installing things, which are
at least interface compatible with the rest ... but this may be or may
be not a spleen ... only my two cent...

There are no problems to compile puredata vanilla on my box, but the
compile process of pd extended breaks.

I would like to try to compile this tiger step by step and not according
to the "all or nothing"-principle.

For example I am not inerested in video processing with pd...

Is there a way to compile pd extended with a selected subset of
extension without going into deep-hack-mode by rewriting makefiles?

How can this be achieved?

Thank you very much for any hint, advice and help in advance!
Best regards,
mcc