[PD] vertical column of msg boxes

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 10 07:05:17 CET 2010

Hello,
     I've been doing a lot of work with the help patches, and I've noticed
the following idiom: a column of msg boxes lined up neatly above an object.
Each message box is connected to the object box below.

So you get one straight vertical line down the inlet of the msg
boxes to the object.  This obscures the individual connections, of course,
but has the benefit of organizing the msg boxes logically and making it
easy to scan the text in each one.

Now here's the problem: if you use this idiom, the wires overlap with the
leftmost pixel of the first character in the message, making the first
word or number a little hard to read.

First question: does anyone have objections to this idiom being used
in general in Pd?  If not, then would it be possible to move the text in
message boxes over one or two pixels to improve readability?

Thanks,
Jonathan