[PD] Alias an internal with an abstraction

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Fri Feb 12 09:40:17 CET 2010

On Thu, 2010-02-11 at 18:39 -0800, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> Thanks, but that doesn't help so much with with the max to pd conversion. If I made it an external, I would be able to use it to
> replace the internal, right?

I _think_ that this is not possible with Pd <= current versions. And if
it would be possible to override internals, I'd strongly fight this
ability for consistency reasons. It's already hard enough nowadays to
create a patch working on a fair amount of systems with different OS'
and different Pd flavours. The subset of internal object classes should
behave reliably the same on _every_ Pd installation.

BTW: there is a library dedicated to making Pd behaving more like
max/msp called cyclone. Just in case you didn't know it already (though
from what I know it doesn't address the difference of [t]).

Roman