[PD] Netsend and netreceive problems

James Dunn james at 4thharmonic.com
Mon Feb 15 12:54:29 CET 2010

On 15 February 2010 11:12, Andrew Faraday <jbturgid at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hey all
> I'm trying to get [netsend] and [netreceive] to work on a small group of
> computers on Ubuntu 10.04. They are not otherwise networked (IE, they're not
> used for file transfer or internal messaging) although they are all
> connected to one router via a switch. So I think netsends should work.
> However, after attempting to connect the netsend object to an IP address
> (found on the other machine via www.whatsmyip.com, could this be the same
> IP?) PD crashes. I've no idea why, no error messages I can see before
> crashing. Help would be appreciated.
> Thanks
> Andrew

So are you trying to send one netsend to multiple netreceives? For
computers on the LAN, i just use the local ip address - usually
something like 192.168.0.x or 10.0.0.x
Perhaps you could have multiple netsend's for the number of computers
that need to receive the data?
I've not used netsend with an internet ip address, but you might want
to look at port forwarding