[PD] Deleting arrays

Dan Ellis dpwe at ee.columbia.edu
Tue Feb 16 17:39:26 CET 2010

I am new to Pd so please excuse any misconceptions.

I'm trying to read in a file containing a sinusoidal analysis, to
provide control for additive synthesis.  My patch creates a set of
arrays (tables) for the frequency and magnitude values for as many
partials as are described in the analysis file (which is generated by
a separate program) via messages like [; pd-graph1 array $1-freqArray
100 float 0( .  $1 comes from a counter which is reset when I read in
a new file.

But once I create an array, it never goes away, and I end up with an
ever increasing number of tables named 0-freqArray etc.

How can I delete arrays with a message (as opposed to having to open a
dialog box for each one and click the "delete me" flag)?  Really, all
I want to be able to do is delete all existing arrays each time I am
about to read a new analysis file.  Is there a message for this?

I tried [; pd-array clear ( which I saw somewhere in the forums, but
it just gave me
"error: pd-array: no such object".

Thanks,  DAn.