[PD] Install pd-extended on Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04 i686

Ben Baker-Smith bbakersmith at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 23:53:24 CET 2010

2010/2/14 Ben Baker-Smith <bbakersmith at gmail.com>:
> 2010/2/12 András Murányi <muranyia at gmail.com>:

>>> Thanks Andras, that sounds like just what I need.
>>> I'll give it a shot this weekend after I fix a botched dist-upgrade.
>>>
>>> -Ben
>>
>> I just noticed there are more specifics at
>> http://puredata.info/docs/developer/64BitLinux/ under "Method 2"
>> (...you didn't mistakenly upgrade to Karmic did u? ;o) My girlfriend did
>> that on her laptop and err... not so good! Been told however that it is less
>> bad with the RT kernel -  a thing missing from Jaunty.)
>> Andras
>>

> In fact.. that's exactly what happened (dist-upgrade from Jaunty to
> Karmic). The sad thing is that this is the second machine I've tried
> the upgrade on, and the second to fail. I was prepared this time,
> backed everything up prior to the attempt, so it's more of an
> annoyance than anything.
>
> -Ben

Ok, so I am now attempting to install pd-extended on a fresh 64-bit
9.10 Karmic Ubuntu desktop. The "Method 2" instructions on
http://puredata.info/docs/developer/64BitLinux/ seem to work fine
until I have to install libgomp.so.l

It seems to install using "sudo getlibs -l libgomp.so.l" just like all
the ones before it, but then when I open pd-extended I still receive
the following error:

/usr/lib/pd/extra/Gem/Gem.pd_linux: libgomp.so.l: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory
Gem: can't load library

Gem appears to be the only library that won't load, unfortunately it
is the one I care the most about.

-Ben