[PD] respawn PD with gui in Debian

Bart Koppe bk at a-bort.org
Wed Feb 17 00:42:12 CET 2010

Hi,

I use PD-extended in Debian Lenny, this for a small media-installation.
After the pc boots and logged into X, i would like pd (with gui) to
start automatically.
I made the script below and wanted to use that in /etc/inittab. It seems
to start as root and does not show a gui either.

The script itself works perfectly ok when I run it myself.
How can I configure inittab correctly so it runs as user instead of
root, and shows the gui to?

My current inittab entry [to say: I don't know anything about inittab
(blush) ]
TY:23:respawn:/home/abortx/pd-daemon.sh

the script (pd-daemon.sh)
#!/bin/sh
RUNNING=
export DISPLAY=:0.0
pd -open /home/abortx/pd/pdp-gem-bridge-3.pd &
while true; do
RUNNING=`pidof pd`
if [ -z $RUNNING ]; then
pd -open /home/abortx/pd/pdp-gem-bridge-3.pd &
fi
sleep 10
done

Thanks!