[PD] line~ and vline~ right inlets

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 18 00:02:33 CET 2010

Hi Matteo,
     I think it's just an oversight.  The middle inlet of [vline~], for
example, is used in the [sampvoice] abstraction of audio tutorial
D11.sampler.poly.pd so that a quartic envelope may be generated. The extra
inlets are used in many other places as well.  I guess the extra inlets
are not necessary-- you could put a [pack] before the object or use
message boxes as in the help patch, but the same could be said about
virtually any object in Pd, and I don't think extra inlets are in danger
of being deprecated.

-Jonathan