[PD] is rsynced stuff equal to svn'ed stuff?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sat Feb 20 17:32:59 CET 2010

On Feb 20, 2010, at 7:50 AM, meino.cramer at gmx.de wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Here:http://puredata.info/docs/developer/GettingPdSource
>
> I found this:
>
> svn checkout --ignore-externals https://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pure-data/trunk
>  pd-extended
> cd pd-extended
> rm -rf pd
> svn checkout --ignore-externals https://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pure-data/branches/pd-extended/0.42/pd
> svn checkout https://pd-gem.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pd-gem/branches/0.92/Gem
>
> which have to be done on "svn sourced between releases".
>
> I rsynced the stuff to my harddisc as described above the cited
> paragraph.

I updated GettingPdSource based on your feedback. I'm not quite clear
which paragraph you are referencing.  rsyncing looks like this, and
it'll download everything you need to build:

rsync -av --delete rsync://128.238.56.50/distros/pd-extended/ pd-
extended/

> Do I have to do what is sayed of the "svn stuff between the releases"
> or not?

No, its either rsync or svn.  Once you've run rsync, you can use
either rsync or svn to update that tree.

> And what is the directory from where I have to submit the commands?

It will create a folder called 'pd-extended', so run those commands
wherever you want that folder to be.