[PD] another [readanysf~] install-on-ubuntu guide. (was: readanysf~ binary ubuntu?)

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Tue Feb 23 01:15:27 CET 2010

On Mon, 2010-02-22 at 19:31 +0100, Roman Haefeli wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-02-22 at 19:19 +0100, august wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > 	I'm sorry readanysf~ is somewhat difficult to install.
>
> Actually, compiling [readanysf~] is dead-easy. It's only it's
> dependencies, that can be tricky. However, if you _know_ that you need
> to first install some libraries for compiling gmerlin-avdecoder, then
> this is easy as well.

If anyone interested, I made my first debian package:
http://www.romanhaefeli.net/software/pd/pd-readanysf_0.36-1_i386.deb

It depends on libgmerlin-avdec1 from this PPA:
https://launchpad.net/~fabricesp/+archive/ppa/+packages

It only supports ubuntu 9.10 on i386. Also there seem to be issues with
the gmerlin-avdecoder version shipped from the above PPA (as mentioned
by August in a previous post).
However, I thought I better post it anyway. It worked for me on Ubuntu
9.10 live-CD.

Roman