[PD] deleting file from a Pd patch

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Tue Feb 23 13:16:56 CET 2010

Hi Fränk,

to do what you want, you will still need something that interfaces with
the file system. Pd doesn't do that by itself. You would simply need to
construct messages to [shell] which would tell it to delete the proper
file. In your case, I would suggest [makefilename], [sprintf] or similar
to construct the correct file names, perhaps by using a counter
construction to increment the number of the file, then [prepend] the
"rm" command to the created filename, then send to [shell] (untested,
only a suggestion):

[metro 60000]

[f]X[+ 1]

[makefilename image%d.jpg]

[prepend rm]

[shell]

As long as your JPGs were in the same directory as the Pd patch,
something like this would likely do the job. Otherwise, you would have
to include the path to the directory in the [makefilename] part (as long
as it supports the "/" character that is...)

Best,
Derek

--
::: derek holzer ::: http://macumbista.net :::