[PD] Actionscript library for netsend/netreceive

Matthias Breuer lists at roawr.com
Tue Feb 23 13:24:19 CET 2010

Hello all,

Recently I worked on an implementation of the FUDI protocol in
Actionscript. The Library emulates the netreceive and netsend objects in
Flash to communicate with pd.

Since Flash is very restrictive regarding socket connections and can
only act as listener but not as server, I had to write a Java
application which serves Flash the right policy file and, when using the
netreceive object in Flash, acts as server. The "Fudi Bridge" comes as a
jar file and should run on every platform that runs Java.

I find this most useful for building pretty interfaces for my patches.

For all sources go to http://github.com/matthiasbreuer/FUDI-as3 or grab
the latest release here:
http://github.com/downloads/matthiasbreuer/FUDI-as3/FUDI-as3_20100223.zip

The Library right now is undocumented but I will do that during the next
days. The Flash examples depend on
http://code.google.com/p/minimalcomps/ if you want to compile them yourself.

Any comments are appreciated.
Matthias