[PD] another [readanysf~] install-on-ubuntu guide.

IOhannes zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Feb 23 20:09:30 CET 2010

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> That's great Roman!  I have also been working on packaging, with the aim
> of getting things into Debian.  Then they'll go into Ubuntu too.  We
> should try to get a Debian Developer to sponsor the gmerlin stuff so
> that it gets included.  Its used by Gem too.

i have followed the gmerlin-avdecoder integration into debian a little
bit, and it seems like everybody who seriously tried, gave up after a
few rounds. http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=555852

the problem is, that the code has loads of code not copyrighted by
burkhard and therefore there is no debian-conformant copyright file (yet).

however, the above post also suggests that finding a sponsor shouldn't
be too hard.

fgamsdr
IOhannes