[PD] GEM: gemwin perspec strange behavior

Dario Pedrioli dariopedrioli at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 16:51:00 CET 2010

Hi all,

I'm triyng to play with perspec message.

I notice that if I send a "normal" message to gemwin, everything works ok.

But if I send the same message "compiled" from a message or a number box (or
whatever), the center of the scene go to the left bottom point.

OK:

[perspec -2 2 -2 2 1 20<

[gemwin]

KO:

[2<

[perspec -$1 $1 -$1 $1 1 20<

My sistem is a ubuntu 64bit - GEM: ver: 0.92.2 - nvidia GTX 260 with closed
source drivers

Someone noticed this?
It's only on my machine?

Thanks.

PS: below a patch that shows the behavior (for me).

#N canvas 632 391 450 300 10;
#X obj 42 71 gemwin;
#X msg 42 31 create \, 1;
#X obj 40 167 gemhead;
#X obj 40 193 cube;
#X floatatom 231 126 5 0 0 0 - - -;
#X msg 231 144 perspec -\$1 \$1 -\$1 \$1 1 20;
#X msg 109 31 0 \, destroy;
#X msg 227 26 perspec -1 1 -1 1 1 20;
#X msg 273 123 2;
#X msg 228 48 perspec -2 2 -2 2 1 20;