[PD] Textfile vs. Lists vs. Arrays vs. ?

Oli44 olivier at heinry.fr
Fri Feb 26 17:25:05 CET 2010

I solved this problem by copying the files in RAM, on a virtual disk,
prior to  playing from the patch.

On Linux, I have a shell script that copies  to  /dev/shm  then symlink
to the folder where the patch resides, then start pd and it runs smoothly.

As long as your files dont take up much space in memory, it's fine.
Otherwise, they shouldn't sum up more than half the total RAM of your
machine, otherwise it swaps.

I have no idea how to use this technique with Win/Mac.
++
O.