[PD] integer values

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 17:55:46 CET 2010

 > i tried quantizing the slider output and to use the set message to
 > immediately set the quantized value back into the fader for display,
 > but didn't get any usable results.

Yeah, I tried that too, and the results are funny. I didn't quite expect
it to work with a default "steady on click" slider, but I did expect it
to work with a "jump on click" slider. The problem is that after
clicking, when you drag, the "jump on click" slider behaves exactly like
a default one.

However, have a look at the attached proposed workaround. I use two
sliders one on top of the other, and take advantage of the fact that in
Pd the gui object on the background catches mouse interaction, not the
one on the front.

The main patch is "test.pd", while the other one is the abstraction used
to control the slider.
Look at the "send" and "receive" properties of the two sliders.

Is this an aproximation to what you were trying to do?

--
Matteo Sisti Sette
matteosistisette at gmail.com
http://www.matteosistisette.com