[PD] Strange bug in my patch

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 00:54:39 CET 2010

Jonathan Wilkes escribió:

>>> On winxp it will consistently
>> freeze the computer, forcing a reboot.
>>> -Jonathan
>> "Only" on single-processor machines.
>
> Oh, that's interesting.  But if I do that on a dual core machine, it
> won't let me "End Task"-- I have to actually kill the wish process
> manually,

You mean you cannot do "end task" in the "Applications" tab of the Task
Manager but you do "end process" in the "Processes" tab?

 > after which the task manager still says that CPU usage is at
> 100%.  And if I try to start Pd again, it's visibly slower, and if I try
> to bang another [until] it will freeze the entire computer

Have you tried killing the "Pd.exe" (or pd.com) process instead of the
"wish" one? Wish is the gui. Usually killing any of them will cause the
other one to die, but in this case I guess the frozen one is pd proper
and (I guess again) it doesn't "realise" the wish process has been killed.

--
Matteo Sisti Sette
matteosistisette at gmail.com
http://www.matteosistisette.com