[PD] wave generation questions

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Mon Mar 1 20:13:05 CET 2010

Hi Meino,

the answer to both your questions is simple Pd dataflow stuff...

On 3/1/10 8:00 PM, meino.cramer at gmx.de wrote:

> 1: Currently I have to enter edit mode to change the parameter list
>     after "sinesum". Is it possible to do this in non-edit mode
>     somehow?

You could use number boxes, a [pack] object and dollar sign variables in
the "sinesum" message. Keep in mind the numbers won't be passed to the
"sinesum" message until the "hot" inlet of [pack] is triggered.

> 2: Each time I edit the parameterlist and set the array afterwards, I
>     have to send an "normalize 1"-message to normalize the amplitude to
>     "1" max. Is it possible to automate this?

[trigger bang float] is your friend here. Or [t b f f f f f ] for as
many parameters as you are entering in the situation above. Save the
last "bang" for the "normalize 1" message.

This is covered briefly in the FLOSS Manual here:

http://en.flossmanuals.net/PureData/OrderOfOperations

(Although I would be very happy to see some better examples there, espc
those using [trigger]!!!)

D.

--
::: derek holzer ::: http://macumbista.net :::