[PD] wave generation questions

info at timvets.net info at timvets.net
Mon Mar 1 21:20:12 CET 2010

> Hi,
>
> I am playing around with examples of the FLOSS manual.
>
> Currently I am sending messages like
>
> <name of array> sinesum <parameterlist>
>
> to an array, which then is read by tabread4~ and send
> to an dac~.
>
> To make this setup a little more convenient I am looking for
> some simplifications:
>
> 1: Currently I have to enter edit mode to change the parameter list
>    after "sinesum". Is it possible to do this in non-edit mode
>    somehow?
>
> 2: Each time I edit the parameterlist and set the array afterwards, I
>    have to send an "normalize 1"-message to normalize the amplitude to
>    "1" max. Is it possible to automate this?

hello Meino,
slighty different approach:
keep the sum of your partial weights to always be 1
(except for when they are all 0).
see attached example.
Then "normalize 1" message is not needed because the list of partial
weights is normalized before sending it.
Not sure if it matters, but this seems a bit more efficient to me, because
you rewrite the table only once each time.
gr,
Tim