[PD] Writing wave tables to disk

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Tue Mar 2 08:08:00 CET 2010

Hi,

I am using Pd to generate some wave files which will contain snippets of basic
band limited wave forms to be used in a tracker program (looped). I am
currently using a [delay] and [writesf~] to determine where to start and stop
the recording on exact period boundaries of the wave being recorded. For
example, I want a file containing a wave at some Hz to have exactly X cycles in
it. This doesn't seem to be working, and I guess that's because [writesf~]
and/or [delay] both want to do things on block boundaries. Anyone have
suggestions for how I can write out a table to a wav file, or some other way to
be an exact length in samples/milliseconds? I am using Pd vanilla.

Cheers,

Chris.