[PD] Handling numbers read from a file

PSPunch shima at pspunch.com
Tue Mar 2 11:25:32 CET 2010

Hi,

I am looking for a way to load a series of floats stored in a file, then
accessing the values in a non-sequential order.

My patch under construction is utilizing [textfile], which I've come to
realize that there is currently no method to move in reverse order.
(Ultimately, all I want to do is go back one step when necessary.)

As all my data are numbers, [tabread] should work fine. Although in this
case, I do not know how to know the number of values in advance to
resize the table prior to loading the data.

Thanks in advance for any clues.

--
David Shimamoto