[PD] lost in translation - was Re: Strange bug in my patch

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 22:29:17 CET 2010

IOhannes wrote:
 > (but there already has been a thread on the issue of 'request's
 > on this
 > mailinglist; it turns out that 'request' translates differently in the
 > various languages, so some people see it as a "question whether it is
 > possible" while for others it is more a "demand" (e.g.  something they
 > think they have a right to))

I know it is not relevant to the point here, however just for the record:

It was kind of viceversa: I misused the word "demand" thinking it meant
something like a "request", thus unwantingly conveying the impression
that I thought I had a right to something.

--
Matteo Sisti Sette
matteosistisette at gmail.com
http://www.matteosistisette.com