[PD] Pduino with Arduino Mega

David Kirkpatrick djk_1200 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 3 16:28:27 CET 2010

Hi Bart,

Rock and roll. If I use Paul's version of SimpleDigitalFirmata and add additional 'digital port enable' buttons and 'digital input status' indicators to your modified mega-test.pd patch then all the digital inputs work except pin 21 (which gets stuck on once you turn it on for the first time). Thanks very much for your assistance.

David Kirkpatrick
davidk.com.au

And please report bugs!  Paul is definitely looking for feedback on
 his Firmata code, and I can fix bugs on the Pd side.
.hc
On
 Mar 2, 2010, at 11:01 AM, Bart Koppe wrote:Hi David,

If you
 want to use firmata, Paul Stoffregen is working on this.
Follow the
instruction on http://www.pjrc.com/tmp/firmata/readme.html
adjusted the mega-test.pd of his pduino package to 53 pin-outs
(attached). Tested (with his version of firmata). The following digital
outs are working: 2-23 and 38-53.
 Of course the firmata should also
work with max..
Hope it helps,

Best,
Bart

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 11:53 AM, David
Kirkpatrick <djk_1200 at hotmail.com>
 wrote:
   Hi,

What is the status of Pduino's compatibility
with the Arduino Mega at the moment? I'm designing an installation for
the Sydney Opera House that'll need Pd to read the status of about 25
digital pins. Will Pduino-0.5beta6 be able to handle input from 25
digital pins, or max out at 14 (the number of digital pins on a normal
Arduino)?

Thanks for your help,

David Kirkpatrick
davidk.com.au