[PD] To pack or not to be packed that is the question ! (?)

meino.cramer at gmx.de meino.cramer at gmx.de
Wed Mar 3 19:43:51 CET 2010

Hi,

 I made a [pack t b f f f f f f f f f f ]
 And connect ten vertical sliders to inlet 2-10 (1-based).

 Then I connected the outlet of the [pack] to
 a message box with the following contents:

 [wave1 sinesum $1 $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 $8 $9 $10]

 I added a tabread4-mimic and could display the wave in an array
 visually.

 So nice so mysterious ( at least for me ;)  )

 Slider 1 to slider 8 are working as exspected, moving slider
 nine and ten results in nothing but the pure sound of silence
 (visually spoken...).

 For what I read about [pack] the inlets sequence follows
 the arguments or in my case inlet #2 up to #10 are exspecting
 float arguments, which are given by the vsliders.

 A [BANG] at inlet #2 send a bang into the pack.

 But the reason, why slider #9 and slider #10 are on holidays
 is not very obvious to me.

 The aim of all this should be a wave, which reacts on changes of each
 of the sliders instantly without sending an extra bang.
 And I want to have all slider (better: much more than ten) working.
 And if there is a way to normalize the result instantly I would
 one step nearer to eternity ;))))

 I know, that there are obviously far better and total different ways
 to accomplish what I want to acchieve, but for the first I only
 want to understand, why this beast is only running on eight instead
 of ten legs (my be a spider therefore... ;)

 Thanks a lot for any help in advance!
 Best regards
 mcc