[PD] problem with glsl shaders and texunits

Ben Baker-Smith bbakersmith at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 02:36:39 CET 2010

Hello,

I'm in over my head with glsl shaders right now. The attached patch is
a test I'm using to try and figure out how to properly use [texunit(
messages, but it only partially works. Instead of a clear image of me
in front of my webcam, I get a changing series of solid colors. It
responds to some rapid movements, so I know my video is making it to
the shader.

The shaders do nothing to alter the image, they are just there for
testing purposes. I've tested by running the video straight through
the shaders and it displays clear and normal, as expected.

I've read some things about the image size needing to be a power of 2,
not sure if that's related.

Thanks, this stuff is nuts!

-Ben