[PD] audio breaking

Oded Ben-Tal oded at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Thu Mar 4 11:00:34 CET 2010

I'm encountering bad audio behvaiour with pd+jack. Pd is reporting DIO
errors even without any patch open. When I open one of the simple example
patches I get very frequent breaks in the audio sometime these are even at
a regular rate (around 120 bpm).

I'm using FC10 with jack and a firewire soundcard.
I'm starting jack with:
/usr/bin/jackd -R -t10000 -dfirewire -r48000 -p256 -n3 -i2 -o6
(also tried p128 & 512).

I can play soundfiles with no problems using snd so it seems the problem
might involve some interaction between pd & jack. I don't get this audio
problem when I'm using pd with a USB soundcard (without jack) on the same
machine.
Any ideas how to track the problem and (hopefully) fix it?

Oded