[PD] Pd-list Digest, Vol 60, Issue 20

Marco Donnarumma devel at thesaddj.com
Thu Mar 4 13:40:19 CET 2010

Hi Oded,
sorry if it sounds obvious, but have you tried starting Pd with the flag -rt
?

I'm encountering bad audio behvaiour with pd+jack. Pd is reporting DIO
> errors even without any patch open. When I open one of the simple example
> patches I get very frequent breaks in the audio sometime these are even at
> a regular rate (around 120 bpm).
>
> I'm using FC10 with jack and a firewire soundcard.
> I'm starting jack with:
> /usr/bin/jackd -R -t10000 -dfirewire -r48000 -p256 -n3 -i2 -o6
> (also tried p128 & 512).
>
> I can play soundfiles with no problems using snd so it seems the problem
> might involve some interaction between pd & jack. I don't get this audio
> problem when I'm using pd with a USB soundcard (without jack) on the same
> machine.
> Any ideas how to track the problem and (hopefully) fix it?
>
> Oded

> End of Pd-list Digest, Vol 60, Issue 20

Marco Donnarumma aka TheSAD

Independent New Media Arts Professional, Performer, Teacher - Edinburgh, UK

LAB: http://www.thesaddj.com | http://cntrl.sourceforge.net |
http://www.flxer.net

EVENT: http://www.liveperformersmeeting.net